War Declaration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

- numbers is not everything;

- RMs outnumbered Pergamum (it was like 15-20 vs 120) and all fights were within RMs ocean (1-2 days away by CS from us), none of the pergs cities was conquered, it was other way around. Top RMs players were fighting good but the whole alliance not that much considering circumstances;

-therefore some strong TFP players far from us might survive but its a "?" if TFP as an alliance will;

- DoA have war against other powerful alliances, not only TFP. Please dont simplify things in your favour by stating that TFP+TH+IoA are all against TFP. Actually TFP is late for the party, as always...

-its a more comfortable position to fight with back covered, rather than on 2 fronts but DoA as it has been mentioned is well coordinated and can handle that easly;

-we have been tested in defence, now we will test you and then we can start making first rough conclusions

DeletedUser

@ BN - My understanding of the word threat, is an indication of probable trouble; hence I would suggest I was correct with my intial assessment of our PM exchange.

@ GROM - I am not suggesting TFP are against DoA/IoA and TH. We have only received attacks from a handful of TH members. The point I was making, was that DoA are allies with TH and I would suggest that at any point, can ask them for assistance, like you did in order to break Tegi's siege of a DoA city.
I am aware of DoA's conflict with LoC and EoTD, but I am not aware of them being in a conflict with too many other alliances. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong?
And as you well know GROM, the reason TFP are late to the party in the 'Great War on DoA' is because we spent a week in discussions with you and Scars over a merge with Pergamum, during which you propossed a Perg/TFP merge, before becoming allies with DoA, destroying RM and then TH (I have the PM from GROM to this affect). So bearing in mind you had proposed this to TFP, we couldn't very well start a war with DoA could we? So please do not try to belittle TFP or me.

DeletedUser

Well put Grom. For those that want an idea of the spread need only look at the maps provided Xarandir in another thread. It's a common mistake to look at the sides and think 'x' is bigger than 'y' and therefore 'x' must win when in reality the majority of 'x' is two oceans away.

@H17 - I think we are into semantics. I am sure we coupld both post messages that prove our respective points at least in our own minds. Personally I suggest we simply let the results speak for themselves although I admire your attempt to paint yourselves as the underdog.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sorry for belittling,
ok you lost a week talking to us, we lost it as well ...
there is no point showing my PMs as I have already said in public that I tried to make us working together against DoA. Everyone knows it now and Fortyfour knew about our talks from the beginning, but was waiting for our decision.
Pergamum could have done a lot of things, we were checking our options and were trying to decide what to do next.

As I said before, I personally was interested in the Pergamum + TFP merge and you know it very well. I was very frustrated after talks with Tibs and told you about it. When I realised who is co-leading TFP Ive changed my mind about the whole merge and realised that its not the best option for our members. I always try to work in their best interest.

You make a mistake though claiming that the whole merge idea was proposed by Pergamum and because of the whole 1! week you started your war weeks later. This discussion about merging together started very long time ago and I dont even know who proposed it first. Before I joined Pergamum I heard from your commanders talking about that - that it would be a good idea to go together. As far as I remember Pergamum had options to merge with almost every alliance surrounding oc66, even with RMs.

The proposition you are talking about is something which was proposed by me, it was very specific and detailed. I asked Scar to come with me and talk about it with you guys. Scar, as the Pergamum leader, was interested in talking this through and he definitely wasnt asking you to join. It was only the stage at which we were talking about possibilities, how it could work etc.

We both know that TFP wanted that merge for a while and only because I wrote how it could be done doesnt change that fact. Pergamum was also discussing merge with DoA at the same time and we received a letter from Forty explaining all details. We talked with you and we talked with DoA - the best for us option won.

Few of us wanted to explore the possibility of merging with TFP against DoA and you say that becasue it took whole week (?!) TFP couldnt start the war before. You could have started much earlier, month ago, couldnt you?
Look at the date of my mail once again and ask yourself why didnt you attack DoA before? Why other alliances started the war much before?

You were waiting...till you realised thats its to late and all your neighbours joined DoA, when all Tibs "challenged" diplomatic skills failed....

DeletedUser5270

People may not think much of Tibs' diplomatic skills but there is no better player to have standing beside you. I am glad Tibs is my friend and not my enemy.

At the end of the day this war will be won or lost on the battlefield and not in the forums, but one thing is certain, TFP are not underdogs. We started this war because in the long term we believe we can win, but at the same time if we do loose then we want to go down in A Blaze of Glory.

By the way I hope it doesn't take Fortyfour too long to rebuild that nuke of his that I soaked up.

A couple of us have had to change our plans as Lord Banath has gone into Vacation Mode. As was asked of us earlier, I hope DOA aren't starting to go into Vacation Mode in order to survive the war against us. Maybe he has gone on a Pilgrimage to find Ares to ask for some help! :p Well Ares will reply by saying "Run as fast as you can because The Forgotten Phoenix is Rising from the Flames. Run as fast as you can for the Phoenix will destroy everyone!"

DeletedUser

lol
Imperica lets talk like a man to man lol
"go down in A Blaze of Glory" huh? its to early to talk about it now. Glory comes in a great battle, and going down in a blaze of glory requires the defeated one to fight as an equal. When I crush a bug I dont think it had a glorious death :D
At the moment all I saw were few LS, one guy even sent 2 CS in 1 wave but doubling CS sent in one wave doesnt make it glorious at all. When I will start to sweat I will begin respecting you as my enemy, when I will lose my breath trying to defeat you then I might start thinking about calling your death glorious lol

PS be careful about Tibs, if he see you talking to much to me he might get suspicious...

DeletedUser5270

lol
Imperica lets talk like a man to man lol
"go down in A Blaze of Glory" huh? its to early to talk about it now. Glory comes in a great battle, and going down in a blaze of glory requires the defeated one to fight as an equal. When I crush a bug I dont think it had a glorious death :D

As I already said, I think we will win. Oh and remember one thing. When you call somebody a bug, make sure you are bigger than them. I am ranked higher than you and so it could very well be my foot coming down on you!:Angry:

DeletedUser

Hmmmmmm

CStrom said:
today at 3:29 PM
Saw your post in the public forum regarding Tibs. Pisses us off a little. We didn't know that kind of crap was happening to people. We figured out there was a problem with Tibs when he screwed Meyyo. We began to wonder about the dude and what was really going on. He bailed shortly after he got us into the war too. We think there may be under 10 of us that are seriously active right now so it's a little ridiculous. We like a good fight so we'll hang in and go for it as long as we can.

That said, the decision you guys made to join DoA and to further increase the imbalance in this world didn't take much courage. I saw you would have been open to going against them and it sounds like you got out voted by your team. But to join the number one alliance that has an agreement with the number two alliance only made things worse. If and when things hit the crap fan here I'll stick with a team that's still at war with those guys even it I go down in flames. It's good to be number one or number two even but earning it makes more sense then joining it. I know you said you're loyal to them now so I get it. I'm disappointed that Tibs screwed over people who play with honor and loyalty. However, the decision to go with DoA wasn't really a hard one to make because it wasn't going to cost anything. Just from the tone of your posts - I think you and your team were better than that decision.

I'm sure I'll see you attacking one of my cities soon. good luck.

Just recieved this ingame

DeletedUser5270

I suppose I need to clear a few things up before people latch onto this. Tibs has been quiet lately and is in VM mode due to RL.

CStrom is a loyal member of our alliance and any misunderstanding here is more my fault than anything else. meyyo was kicked by Tibs, ironically because she was attacking DOA and we didn't want her to. I was extremely vocal in trying to get her kicked for this one simple reason. However I would gladly welcome her back now as the situation has obviously changed.

Yes Tibs wanted this war, but so did many of us. I again was extremely vocal in arguing for this war. I was also one of the 4 main people who planned the details and strategy for this war.

If there is anyone to shoot down it is me and not Tibs.

DeletedUser

As I already said, I think we will win. Oh and remember one thing. When you call somebody a bug, make sure you are bigger than them. I am ranked higher than you and so it could very well be my foot coming down on you!:Angry:

You shouldnt take every metaphor personally Imperica, it was only a picture. I didnt call you a bug, I only said that dying by being splashed is not glorius. How this war will end? I dont know. I dont know how much you will fight. I only said that fighting against the stronger alliance doesnt have to be glorius per se. It all depends how you fight, not if...

regarding point since you mentioned it...
Yes you have more points than me BRAVO! I guess that taking inactives cities or from noobs must be exhausting.... All your cities have 13-14k points, which only tells me that you have very small army and you love building you little cities - its noobish.

Mate you have ~67k BPs and 46k BPs in attack
while I have 235k BPs and 140k BPs in attack

To summarize, you know very little about fighting and yes if I wanted to I could call you a bug...but I didnt mean to.

Tibs has been quiet lately and is in VM mode due to RL.
<caugh> Bull... <cough>
its funny how the real life catches leaders just when wars start or when things get more complicated, tougher... Ive met many leaders like Tibs, they are all the same - talk a lot but when it comes to walk the walk they "have real life issues". I could mention few here but dont want to start big discussion so will only mention wookieplus, ex leader of LoA East and in general most of the LoA leaders.

DeletedUser

Nice to see an interesting thread taking shape on the delta forums, that is drawing a lot of attention. The only surprise is how little Forty has posted. Too busy at home in rain mack and pink furry slippers ;)

Firstly, as Imperica said, Tibs is in VM as he is no other option. No one is more disappointed than Tibs regarding this fact. But he will back soon and is looking forward too joining the conflict with DoA.
Secondly, in hindsight, I wish I had pushed for a war against DoA month earlier. That way, DoA would not have the added numbers of Pergamum or RM and would not have been as strong in O65. But the reality is, the 'ties between Perg and TFP stopped us'. We knew what Perg's options and idea's were and we let that interfere with our decision making.
Thirdly and finally, I do not need to portray TFP as underdogs and I have no reason to do so. I am simply stating facts, DoA are twice the size as TFP, are allies with TH, who are twice the size as TFP and IoA are the same size as TFP. However, like Imperica stated, we still believe we can be successful in this conflict and if we/I did not, we would not have taken the coarse of action we did.

DeletedUser

As you guys well know I seldom get overly involved in actual chest beating and blah blahing once I've made my statement and any war is up and running. I'm going to break that trend for just a minute since this is gathering moss and rolling downhill, and then go back to handling my business like some folks should be doing instead of worrying over what-should-... isn’t and wont' be.

Pergamum merged with us because I put it on the table and explained what they would get and what they would not. I didn't play games, beg, or even press for it to happen. They came to the table in a position of strength not weakness. When they said they were ready then we "made" it happen. That is the end of it as far as I'm concerned and I'm seriously sick of hearing about it. Rainmaker made their decision for their own reasons. DOA is where it is due to 2 things.

1. Diplomacy - We are very good at it.
2. Military ability - We are very good at that too.
It’s a healthy combo
7 wars 7 wins.
I don't expect that trend to change, but you’re welcome to surprise me.
I'm looking forward to it, just as I always do.

Both 1 and 2 are rooted in fact. It's not up for argument. That's why we are 1 or 2 at any given time and have been for near a year.. That's the "point" of playing the game. To ultimately achieve our goals, whatever those goals may be. We do not apologize for being succesful. You can say anything you want about what you wish had happened. Or what you think was the MORE noble pursuit by X or Y alliance. It won't matter. It "doesn't" matter. You would be better served to figure out how you are going to survive the coming storm. You picked the time and the place. You've lost 5 towns and we have not even started our offensive yet. You had months to plan and you accomplished nothing in terms of gaining ground on DOA. I have no idea how you will do in the coming days, that's why we fight the wars to find out.

Imperica: Reference your comment about soaking up my nukes. I don't know what you expect from an attack on a city that I'm holding the spy report from that has nothing but land defense troops, but I got exactly what I expected from my two baby 500 slinger attacks ( I had the option of plugging in the numbers before hand). I promise you don't want to start comparing attacking reports. Trust me on this one.

Lord Banath had a very serious real life event that has caused him to be very inactive. For that reason he needed to go in VS mode until which time he feels he's ready to return. That's really all you need to know about that. You have my word on it. It is not a trend nor has it ever been.

Current score DOA 5 TFP 0

Let’s please get back to the WAR at hand and worry less about conversations and proposals that never actually happened.

I'll close with a little southern story: Have you ever heard the story about the 3 bulls? Here is the short version.

They heard about a new bull that was moving into their pasture, and they all three agreed not to SHARE any of their cows with the new bull. When the bull arrived he was "HUGE" and rocking the entire truck from side to side. Well, the biggest two bulls decided they wouldn’t really have a problem with sharing their cows after all. The little bull, on the other hand, snorted, yelled, and flexed up and down the fence in challenge. His friends yelled, "what is the matter with you fool. He will kill you." To which the little bull replied, "I just want to make sure he knows -I"M- a bull.

I'll let you guys figure out who that little bull is.
<chuckle> I really love that story

forty

DeletedUser

And H1, My slippers are snuggly on feet, and warm as you would expect <grin> The comforts of home.

DeletedUser

Ah....... fuzzy slippers man's greatest achievement (after me of course:p)

DeletedUser5270

Fortyfour is right. The time for talking is past, and therefore this will be my last post for a while.

One last thought for GROM before I leave the forum. If your assertion about battle points is correct then you have just insulted your leader. Fortyfour has less BP than me. If I don't know how to fight then your leader doesn't know how to fight either.

Or maybe the truth is just that you are talking rubbish and that your words are worthless pap.

DeletedUser

someone is getting more and more upset here :)

Fortyfour is a leader of the alliance which won 7 wars. He organised many operations and seen hundreds of battlereports. I believe he knows how to fight. Its a rarity that leader has many BPs due the time they need to spend on organising things. Im crazy so I can organise local operations, talk, organise my part of forum and still be able to conquer and fight. But most of the people cant be here 24/7.

I checked Fortys cities and lot of them are around 9k points, which suggest that he spent more FS on troops rather than on shining new buildings like sim city players as yourself. All your cities are 13-14 k size, thats rubbish in a war game. Therefore Im guessing you dont know much about fighting and Fortyfour probably knows much more than you do even though he has less BPs.

I said that many times before that numbers dont say the whole story and did that comparison as I saw your noob comment about "your size", which made me laugh.

Does your more agressive posture have something to do with me and my guys joining the fights last night? Oh yeah, in 1 night we started 7 sieges and still more to come today. And no, we didnt molest small players from your training alliance (its what you do), we went for big shots and hit your oc76 leader and other big agressors. At the moment we are sieging 3 cities of one of your leaders and biggest players. It must be frustrating - you struggle to take IoA cities, which are like single islands in the middle of your territory, far away from the rest!

Paraphrasing one of my favourite movies cites - I can not only talk the talk but also walk the walk. Call me a gorilla but I am more than just a noisy monkey.
I will get through oc76 straight to 75 to teach you how to play, no worries, just give me some time as I have masses to slaughter on my way.

DeletedUser

Why thank you for your defense of my honor G.R.O.M. I appreciate it.

It's ok, there is a reason why nobody has ever questioned my knowledge of Grepolis, or my attack BP's. They can generaly deduce those reasons on their own.

But if you really want to know Imperica, the reason is simple. I'm normally in the top 100 of offensive BP on the server even though I spend 75% of my grepolis time managing my alliance. I should hit 60,000 offensive BP shortly which isn't terrible by any means.

That alliance management includes 30 -40 messages that need to be answered daily and Operations which need to be set up and managed.
I have diplomacy to manage and I keep contact with many small and large alliances who I consider friends. These are the reasons why I have a lot less time to manage my own expansions and attacks. I could randomly send out my troops to gather BP, but I choose to hold and use them where they are needed for the most impact.

I have to do all this within a given time frame for playing. I work full time, have a family, and go to College. <shrug> I choose to conduct the symphony to the best of my ability rather than just be the best player in the band. So there you are, a free little peek of forty.

Speaking of which, how are those 7 conquests we got going at the same time coming? Oh we have more coming ... Just getting started. Fun fun... Those 7 all go to G.R.O.M.. Walking the Walk indeed.

forty

Status
Not open for further replies.