Wars!!!

DeletedUser50502

Ugh, I hate worlds like that. Why bother?

Yeah, they're a well known alliance called Eviction Notice and it is a 50 alliance cap alliance so I can't really blame them. What I hate is academies on Zancle, it's 200 alliance cap...

DeletedUser49358

I did say that you shouldn't discount the early conquests. :p just that the conquests after 3 mobths are more likely to represent the overall power of alliances.

Not sure how long tbh, can look later for the declaration.

ehh ... it only takes one merger or alliance to disband and those stable borders get redrawn pretty fast.

Ugh, I hate worlds like that. Why bother?

why bother with a speed four world to begin with lol

DeletedUser50502

High speed worlds are even worse because it gives the gold whores an extra edge

DeletedUser33530

High speed worlds are even worse because it gives the gold whores an extra edge

not as much as you would think. I have been able to hold my own against the largest gold user in US45.

DeletedUser50502

not as much as you would think. I have been able to hold my own against the largest gold user in US45.

Skilled players can handle them, but look at Abdera, some people had 20k points before BP ends because of stupid instant buy and speeds 4.

DeletedUser33530

Skilled players can handle them, but look at Abdera, some people had 20k points before BP ends because of stupid instant buy and speeds 4.

Personally i don't believe I would have been able to handle him had it not been for the fast speed.

DeletedUser11165

Speed 3 & 4 become a drain in the end as it ends up a game of who can take internals fast enough and not alot of actually playing the game.

People dislike speed 1 due to the slow start but after 20 cities the game becomes skill and tactics over gold and then you have over a year to actually enjoy having an empire and make some real enemies / pursue vendetta's.

DeletedUser33530

well if you have enough gold it is gonna be able to beat out skill and tactics these days. It's a sad truth.

DeletedUser

do you guys think that world 85 will be another speed 3/4 world?

DeletedUser49358

do you guys think that world 85 will be another speed 3/4 world?

speed two would be my guess, if it was speed four then the last three worlds released would be 3, 4, 1, 3 which is a lot of fast worlds. Don't think another speed four world will come out until the current one is done, its a bit of a test run so I'm assuming they want to get feedback on how players liked it before opening up another speed four world.

DeletedUser50502

well if you have enough gold it is gonna be able to beat out skill and tactics these days. It's a sad truth.

Yeah that's true, I think that we were able to stand a good chance before instant-but tbh, but now it's a little ridiculous. They're tryijg to introduce warfare packages too, to buy troops and population. I think I'd quit grep if that happened. For like €80 they said you could buy like 25 inventory items that are like 5 horsemen per hour for 2 hours or something even more. I will stand strong against gold users, and people keep telling me to stop complaining about them, but those are the people that spend gold all the time hahaha. The thing is, if you're a tactical player with a tactical group, you can take people on. The alliance must have excellent communication, and not just 1 person that does all the supporting and helped with all the conquests. This way the alliance works in harmony, and can take on almost any attack that comes their way.

DeletedUser49796

Yeah that's true, I think that we were able to stand a good chance before instant-but tbh, but now it's a little ridiculous. They're tryijg to introduce warfare packages too, to buy troops and population. I think I'd quit grep if that happened. For like €80 they said you could buy like 25 inventory items that are like 5 horsemen per hour for 2 hours or something even more. I will stand strong against gold users, and people keep telling me to stop complaining about them, but those are the people that spend gold all the time hahaha. The thing is, if you're a tactical player with a tactical group, you can take people on. The alliance must have excellent communication, and not just 1 person that does all the supporting and helped with all the conquests. This way the alliance works in harmony, and can take on almost any attack that comes their way.

Nice little argument.

However I always notice that 'gold whores' are the first called upon to save peoples arses with fliers/ huge LS nukes, and no one seems to complain when it's the 'whores' helping them - it's only when we're on the other side that people complain. No offence but it seems highly hypocritical to me - you cant have it both ways.

DeletedUser33530

I promise you that if you don't always have fliers nukes avaible we will stop always asking you for your flier nukes. We won't even complain.

DeletedUser50502

Nice little argument.

However I always notice that 'gold whores' are the first called upon to save peoples arses with fliers/ huge LS nukes, and no one seems to complain when it's the 'whores' helping them - it's only when we're on the other side that people complain. No offence but it seems highly hypocritical to me - you cant have it both ways.
I complain when they're on my side too, it just annoys me how it is money>skill in grepo. That's all I'm saying. It's frustrating for us non gold users to compete when they're people using gold against us, haven't you ever been in that situation? If not, you should try to not use gold in your next world, you'll see what I mean. Gold users can do whatever they like, I just don't think it's fair, and I don't think anybody can disagree with that

DeletedUser49796

I complain when they're on my side too, it just annoys me how it is money>skill in grepo. That's all I'm saying. It's frustrating for us non gold users to compete when they're people using gold against us, haven't you ever been in that situation? If not, you should try to not use gold in your next world, you'll see what I mean. Gold users can do whatever they like, I just don't think it's fair, and I don't think anybody can disagree with that

I know players in the top 100 who barely use gold at all & at one stage there was a player in the top 20 who didn't use any. Yes it makes a difference but at the end of the day if you've got a good, strong alliance working together who are willing to help each other etc. then that counts for more.

I did two worlds not using any gold and can honestly say except for events, it hardly makes a difference and then about 3 weeks after events when most people have lost their fliers & huge OLU nukes it goes back to a pretty level playing field.

One of the biggest gold spenders on this server had his handed to him by one of the Triad guys who i'm pretty sure doesn't use gold and the player in question has since done a rage-quit - skill does matter, it just helps if you have gold.

DeletedUser50502

I know players in the top 100 who barely use gold at all & at one stage there was a player in the top 20 who didn't use any. Yes it makes a difference but at the end of the day if you've got a good, strong alliance working together who are willing to help each other etc. then that counts for more.

I did two worlds not using any gold and can honestly say except for events, it hardly makes a difference and then about 3 weeks after events when most people have lost their fliers & huge OLU nukes it goes back to a pretty level playing field.

One of the biggest gold spenders on this server had his handed to him by one of the Triad guys who i'm pretty sure doesn't use gold and the player in question has since done a rage-quit - skill does matter, it just helps if you have gold.

I know skill matters, I'm not denying that, but gold can overcome skills sometimes. Did you see my story about the Russian dudes on a us server? If not, they basically made a group of like 8 and spent gold and had almost no skill and were first for a long time, only stopped by a coalition war against them that they got bored of so they gave up and left. They would've won, but I guess they're Russian millionaires so they had better games to play xD haha nope nothing better than grep

DeletedUser

i got in top 100 and 1 in ocean without using a single gold coin, but you cant go on like that in the later game.Without captain its really hard to farm the farming villages and sea fights are really unbalanced when fighting people with captain.This is my first world where gold trading is allowed and i can finally get the capt :)

DeletedUser50502

If someone can get into the top 100 without any gold that's great, top 100 in BP that's legendary