What do you focus on when starting off in a new world?

DeletedUser49022

Hello I'm Strongside was just wondering what you big dawggs focus on mainly when starting off in a new world?

I have just been following the tutorial quests so far and trying to build up my offense to get a colony ship. However on the edge of 44 with 2177 points while my alliance are a few islands away wanted to build some defense for security purposes and befriended the other 2000 player on my island so we have got a pact.

Is it better to just come out swinging and just continually expand and just build up defences on the edges of your alliance boundries?

DeletedUser

I wonder why you bring attention to yourself at this stage,lol

DeletedUser

It all depends mate,but if you are in a small alliance try to sneak,lol

DeletedUser40223

Hi Strongside! Tea is correct when he says try to not be noticed, this game can be pretty ruthless to new players as the big doggies need food, and that my friend is usually new players! :D

In your shoes I think the best thing to do is try to join an established alliance if you can, an alliance full of new players is just cannon fodder for the bigger alliances/players. Even that is difficult as many strong alliances look for big players. If I had a pound for every time a large alliance wanted to poach myself or my strong people and basically leave the smaller ones to their fate I'd probably have enough money to buy 10 lots of gold at the highest package price.

Another option is to make pacts, but again the problem is that many big alliances won't pact with anyone who they perceive to be weak. They eat them alive.

I'm all for new players and remember the days when I was in your shoes so if you need any help/advice hit me up. My ingame name is the same as it is here.. Brir..

Have fun and Happy Hunting!

DeletedUser36743

Will give you some ques in addition to what has been said above....

1) Larger alliances tend to move/drift to the centre of the world....ie most everyone will move towards O55... as a newbie start/re-start on the rim and move in the exact opposite direction

2) Select carefully the toes you tread on today....they may be connected to an a**** you need to kiss tommorrow

3) When you attack someone or someone attacks you...never take it personally....chat with the opponent if u can....a sense of humor goes a long way when you are a newbie...perhaps farther than your battle skills

4) You improve by playing with peeps who you think are better than you...making new friends (peeps you chatted with)..helps...

5) Keep you cities small-ish...they are less appealing to predaters.... atleast till you are ready to hunt them

6) Ultimately if you reach a size where you are larger than the smallest players in a big-ish alliance...and have BPs coz you have been fighting.... and have made a friend or two who will put in a word....you get to join a worthy alliance and your grepo career begins to take off

7) Rinse and repeat in the next world (i say this because just about nobody succeeds in any material way in the first world) ....and you will arrive before you know it

Trust this helps...Best of luck

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23971

All good advice - this game has got tougher for new players in my opinion.

When I started (before Hades) - the world had main alliances who pretty much fought in the middle and academies that were not attacked by a main. You could learn and once you made it to the main it was game on.

Talking to people is a very good option (as long as you don't ask for resources ;-)) - your best option is to be taken under the wing of a experienced alliance. It doesn't mean you will win the world, but it will introduce you to more people and if you get noticed in a good way better players.

Most players aim to get a second city ASAP - 5 minute farming is very important particularly at the start.

You see Erik mention his 5 minute farming for 12 hours a day - that is part of the reason you will see him near the top of every world he plays in I would imagine.

DeletedUser24285

Location, location, location.

It depends where you are and what the opposition around you is like. Generally, I go all out for first kill - I am low walls and nearly all offense. But you cannot do that if you are the small guy amongst bigger players - unless of course yo give them candy.

DeletedUser49022

This is some really good advice thank you people :) I have got a pretty solid defence now and gonna expand now that my defence is up and running got a few alliance members near by (one on my island now) to help protect me :)

My ocean is quite a scary one got a lot of big players and alliances in there Brir is a few islands over from me

DeletedUser

As an eternal noob (I only play a new server every couple years or so, so I get behind the times), the first thing I focus on is my computer screen. It's where all the grepo action takes place. I tried focusing on other things; TV, music, work, etc, but they all just get in the way.

Next thing I focus on is food. A boy has to eat, right? Lots of sandwiches and juice. Sometimes pizza.

After sustenance is taken care of, then I worry about what I'm doing in the game. by this time, one of those bigger players everyone is talking about has attacked me and destroyed everything I've been building between pizza bites. So, I have to rebuild. At which point he will attack again. I believe I am usually a 'crop' in what the grepexperts call a 'farm'. As I'm a hardy crop, with deep roots and a productive foliage, the farmers like to fertilize me. Trust me, you do not want to be fertilized. It carries a horrid stench with it.

The other advice, don't do, say, or think anything stupid or noob-ish. Especially on these external forums. Unless you're me. All I post here is stupid stuff, so it's sort of expected from me. That is the joy of being an eternal noob!!

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
You look who's the bigegst alliance is.
You look old stats and hope to find leaders on 4 / 5 year old servers and look team mates names.
You need to find a name what is no longer active.
When you have found it you PM hat leader/founder and write "he it is me" long time ago and guess what i start again lol.
U got yourself an invite in the leading alliance as a NOOB.
With some luck u even end up in council or on WW island, and you can destroy the WWonders as a freshman, THE POWER IS YOURS IF U REALLY WANT!

DeletedUser38465

Last three sentences are me all the way. I was on 4 of the wws, and on the council as a first time player.

Erik is right on that. Its all about how passionate you are about this game. And Willing to learn from defeats and how to better your victories.

DeletedUser49022

You look old stats and hope to find leaders on 4 / 5 year old servers and look team mates names.
You need to find a name what is no longer active.
When you have found it you PM hat leader/founder and write "he it is me" long time ago and guess what i start again lol.
U got yourself an invite in the leading alliance as a NOOB.
With some luck u even end up in council or on WW island, and you can destroy the WWonders as a freshman, THE POWER IS YOURS IF U REALLY WANT!

lmfao :)

What happens if that the player you impersonate ended on bad terms with that alliance in the end?

DeletedUser46794

You do post some **** don't you Erik :)
and pick a fight :)
names change, do you know my old names because i'm getting old and can't remember (seriously dose anyone know) ;)
can you tell us noobs how to get off the council i'v been trying for years :p

DeletedUser

You do post some **** don't you Erik :)

and pick a fight :)

names change, do you know my old names because i'm getting old and can't remember (seriously dose anyone know) ;)

can you tell us noobs how to get off the council i'v been trying for years :p
Just say "Hi. My name is skullyhoofd." . Works every time :p