Where is D&D?

DeletedUser

Can we get this active again? I have a few debates I would like to present about flaws I find in this game. Thank you

For instance Mods being allowed to play in your worlds and be in Alliances. Should not be allowed :) Thanks

I just remember the time I reported a bug that caused me not to CS a city in a certain world, and the Moderator who replied was the same person I was attacking. I am sure I got treated fairly on this deal, NOT. Also I find it very unfair if they are allowed to play not knowing who and what alliance they are in. I think all these aspects make the game unpleasant.

This is coming from someone who loves this game and always has premiums, and up until recently had premiums on 3-4 different worlds.

Open it asap, we need it at this point of the game. Or else most of us will get frustrated with not having a forum to discuss issues with this game with other players to feel if we are on the same page.

I read above some people feel like they should have no say in what goes on in this game or what control mods have on certain forums. I think that is not true since without the players there would be no forums or no grepolis.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17043

love how u just put forum mods with ingame ones right there lol :p but i understand ur point

*headbang* silly me...
a titan then? :s

Can we get this active again? I have a few debates I would like to present about flaws I find in this game. Thank you

For instance Mods being allowed to play in your worlds and be in Alliances. Should not be allowed :) Thanks

I just remember the time I reported a bug that caused me not to CS a city in a certain world, and the Moderator who replied was the same person I was attacking. I am sure I got treated fairly on this deal, NOT. Also I find it very unfair if they are allowed to play not knowing who and what alliance they are in. I think all these aspects make the game unpleasant.

This is coming from someone who loves this game and always has premiums, and up until recently had premiums on 3-4 different worlds.

Open it asap, we need it at this point of the game. Or else most of us will get frustrated with not having a forum to discuss issues with this game with other players to feel if we are on the same page.

I read above some people feel like they should have no say in what goes on in this game or what control mods have on certain forums. I think that is not true since without the players there would be no forums or no grepolis.

Thank you

mods were players before they were mods,stripping them of being able to play is hardly fair
the mod was there to help when you were reporting the bug but when you were attacking him he is a player

DeletedUser4013

The D&D section will not be used for addressing issues or perceived flaws in the game. Any bugs found should be mentioned in the Bugs section and a support ticket sent in about it so that it can be fixed.

As for your gripe about Mods playing the game and being in alliances, that is not going to change. We are also players who voluteer our time to keep the game free of cheating, and ensure that the forums are a friendly place. As far as your CS failing in whatever world, it could be that it was sniped. It happens. The only way that the mod who responded was also able to play that world is because they are a SIGM, and as such cover worlds that need covering should the usual IGM not be available.

If you have read all of the above, we are still looking into how to do this with the least amount of chance that players will begin to flame and break the rules. That is the reason it was closed in the first place. If you have issues that you wish to discuss with the other players, there are General Discussion areas in each of the world forums. Again, D&D will not be the appropriate place for such discussions.

DeletedUser

The D&D section will not be used for addressing issues or perceived flaws in the game. Any bugs found should be mentioned in the Bugs section and a support ticket sent in about it so that it can be fixed.

As for your gripe about Mods playing the game and being in alliances, that is not going to change. We are also players who voluteer our time to keep the game free of cheating, and ensure that the forums are a friendly place. As far as your CS failing in whatever world, it could be that it was sniped. It happens. The only way that the mod who responded was also able to play that world is because they are a SIGM, and as such cover worlds that need covering should the usual IGM not be available.

If you have read all of the above, we are still looking into how to do this with the least amount of chance that players will begin to flame and break the rules. That is the reason it was closed in the first place. If you have issues that you wish to discuss with the other players, there are General Discussion areas in each of the world forums. Again, D&D will not be the appropriate place for such discussions.

It wasn't sniped, it was under the revolt system and my cs bounced off of the city while it was under revolt. I was told nothing could be done and they were addressing the issue. Yes you guessed it I quit the world immediately after this and stopped paying premiums on it.

If this won't stop and will not stop can we at least know who these people are?

Can they be forced to not pick sides in a war game? I just think it is unfair to have these players in a Alliance in a war game. Who monitors them to make sure they are being fair with who they assess as cheating or not cheating?

I know they help you guys with the game, but it isn't fair for the rest of your paying customers to not know what is going on and whether or not they are being treated fairly. I ask for proof on something and the reply is "You know what you can see in the game, and I know what is really happening." That isn't enough for me and it shouldn't be enough for anyone else.

You might guess how good that made me feel, and how little faith I now have in the rules being followed.

Yet with very little proof I have lost a ton of friends.

It is a issue and my issue spans multiple worlds or did. Now because of this issue I do not know if it is worth while to start up on the new worlds.

Where could I actually discuss this issue without violating any forum rules? I want to know because I am not done with it yet :)

DeletedUser

Under what account name did you submit that ticket? I've had a look through the every single ticket submitted under this account name and see nothing of the sort.

Additionally, as Tyrion says DnD is not for debates of that sort. Mods will never be stopped from playing the game, if we did that we would have no mods, they volunteer their time and their experience from playing the game is invaluable, unless ofc you are offering to purchase enough premium to enable us to pay a salary to the 37 volunteer mods we have....

If you have an issue with an IGM, contact me via pm, or address a support ticket to me.

To address your part about people having no control over what occurs with the game or who mods what forum, players opinions are taken on board, however ultimately the decisions rest with Innogames. If you have issues with an individual moderator then you should pm a titan (if on forum) or a SIGM (if in game) if they cannot resolve your problem then you will be directed to an admin.

DeletedUser

Under what account name did you submit that ticket? I've had a look through the every single ticket submitted under this account name and see nothing of the sort.

Additionally, as Tyrion says DnD is not for debates of that sort. Mods will never be stopped from playing the game, if we did that we would have no mods, they volunteer their time and their experience from playing the game is invaluable, unless ofc you are offering to purchase enough premium to enable us to pay a salary to the 37 volunteer mods we have....

If you have an issue with an IGM, contact me via pm, or address a support ticket to me.

To address your part about people having no control over what occurs with the game or who mods what forum, players opinions are taken on board, however ultimately the decisions rest with Innogames. If you have issues with an individual moderator then you should pm a titan (if on forum) or a SIGM (if in game) if they cannot resolve your problem then you will be directed to an admin.

Ok I will direct the rest of this into PM's to you.

DeletedUser

I can't really say i cared much for the D&D section either, i mean i did post once or twice if something looked interesting, but it was not a forum i visited regularly. But it has been closed a VERY long time... There is a whole team of mods and yet you can't find the time to just sit down and get it done...? Why is it just AC who has to have the time to do it...? If he is busy, can't someone else who is less busy take over the task of fixing up the D&D forum?

DeletedUser

According to AC, the D&D forum is nearly done, why can't you just sit down and get it finished...?

DeletedUser17088

where is the quote or thread, i will have a look

I'm too lazy to look myself

DeletedUser

I also asked AC04 about it, and he also said they were in the works of reopening. This was shortly after I made my exit from Grepo, which was again how long ago? I figured I'd be dead if I held my breath waiting :D

Though, i could have misinterpreted what this guy was saying...

What is annoying is not that it has so far been 3 months with the forum shut. What is annoying is that in those 3 months, AC openly admits not really dedicating time to fixing up the D&D forum. Why? Because he doesn't really like that part of the forums.
If he had spent the last 3 months making it perfect, it'd be fine. but he hasn't... and he openly admits this.

DeletedUser17088

i understand your frustrations, Baudin toolan and I will bring this to the attention of the mod team

however Ac04 is a very busy person and there are things he is working on that require a lot of time. It really isnt fair to pin this all on him when in reality it is the combined failing of the mod team to come to a decision

DeletedUser

I completely agree, but if he is so busy, why not delegate to someone else...?

Thanks FotNS. :)

T

DeletedUser17088

It's not as simple as that Thomas, this has been a very difficult subject for the mod team. In the meantime please be satisfied that we are looking into it.

As I hinted before there should be no blame pointed at any one Mod or Manager

DeletedUser18132

But he said all he had to do was to write some rules.

DeletedUser

Yeah, and good rules that stop arguments and let the forum flow without problems whilst also allowing the ability of free speech and opinions to be voiced take time and much thought to write.

As previously mentioned, the team is looking into it and it will get done when it get's done. The important thing is that it is on the list of things to do and is currently being worked on instead of just being trashed and thrown to the side.

DeletedUser6029

Interesting.....

I can tell you that I spoke to both AC (June 30th) and Cronus (June 18th) ....both said that there was approval from Innogames. AC stated he was going to get Tyrion on making the rules.
Cronus said:
Cronus: its definately not forgotten
Cronus: I can guarantee it will be back. Its just a matter on how long the admins sit on it

We have since had other discussions regarding D&D, and it has all been the same, Inno approved it, waiting on mods. The truth is they don't want to open it. Why you say? Take Asth's comment
Asth said:
Yeah, and good rules that stop arguments and let the forum flow without problems whilst also allowing the ability of free speech and opinions to be voiced take time and much thought to write.

As previously mentioned, the team is looking into it and it will get done when it get's done. The important thing is that it is on the list of things to do and is currently being worked on instead of just being trashed and thrown to the side.
How rediculous is that? "Good rules that stop arguments"???? Really? The term Debate by its very nature means disagreement. They want to limit topics simply because there are a select few that can't hold an open mind, and get nasty. Thus punish everyone by closing it. Can anyone say Vanilla???? I was the most right winged conservative, fundamentalist (probably the only one) that really got in and dug my heels in. Did I ever take offense to anyone but Aurave? No, everyone is in the end entitled to their opinions...on less it seems they are opinions not shared by the majority. (that was tongue in cheek by the way) I love debating with Hellstromm, Bob the Snail, oh man who else? Tons of goofs who had the audacity to be wrong ;)

It was a popular forum, and generally well respected, and usually self moderated, with the exception of a few......and since Betsy left, those few were hardly dealt with, and thus the forum went out of control. I did take offense to moderators coming in and playing with double standards, but I would call anyone out for the same thing. Moderators don't have the right to say that any opinion is the wrong opinion, and they sure don't have the right just because they are mods simply to come in and bash the whole platform, because they don't like it.

Do us a favor and don't sugar coat BS. Manure is still manure no matter what plastic bag you want to stick it in and call it fertilizer.