Member Tribute - Nemesis

DeletedUser5061

Yeah...an op actually isn't an easy thing to organize and set up. Take a bit of work to organize a crew. Rain did a great job.

And honestly...I don't think pressure from PV in the north had anything to do with their demise. Maybe the players in the north were better than the ones in the south but I landed my boat in the leaders city and he tried to back snipe me with his defense...which would have been far better served trying to snipe my CS on the landing. Also...their attempts at a siege break amounted to handing me a bunch of DBP in the form of 10LS here 15LS there.

They didn't need softening. They were already soft. Like marshmallow peeps, and we all know what happens to marshmallow peeps when you put the slightest bit of pressure on em.

Yeah they don't support each other when they are on the same island I highly doubt it made your task any easier troop wise, I ment more morale wise coz it's like one bully taking your pocket money and the other taking your lunch :D

Not that it made a differance to them anyway it looks like they went an recruited more players to make for the cities they lost.

As for the thread I think it's more because Raintown stepped up after Nemesis lost people like vork, seabreeze and waldorf to rl/vm etc. rather than just this one op alone. of course I assume i don't really know anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6810

As for the thread I think it's more because Raintown stepped up after Nemesis lost people like vork, seabreeze and waldorf to rl/vm etc. rather than just this one op alone. of course I assume i don't really know anything.

Daizans right, you need to make sure people who take the initiative to step up and doing something when they dont have to get rewarded for doing so.

DeletedUser

an op is hard to set up, I'm not saying that. what I AM saying is that an op on 6 cities isn't worth putting up this big thread congratulating him.

PHASE II sucess 5 more cities taken. An OP without a single major error is an accomplishment in my eyes.

DeletedUser8969

Yeah...an op actually isn't an easy thing to organize and set up. Take a bit of work to organize a crew. Rain did a great job.

And honestly...I don't think pressure from PV in the north had anything to do with their demise. Maybe the players in the north were better than the ones in the south but I landed my boat in the leaders city and he tried to back snipe me with his defense...which would have been far better served trying to snipe my CS on the landing. Also...their attempts at a siege break amounted to handing me a bunch of DBP in the form of 10LS here 15LS there.

They didn't need softening. They were already soft. Like marshmallow peeps, and we all know what happens to marshmallow peeps when you put the slightest bit of pressure on em.

i would say this is an accurate statement. they are awfully disjointed in their sprawl. the only sizable concentration of them in our ocean is towards the top of our own sprawl. it would have been difficult even without PV knocking on the door to effectively support their brethren an ocean away.

DeletedUser

an op is hard to set up, I'm not saying that. what I AM saying is that an op on 6 cities isn't worth putting up this big thread congratulating him.

You prefer I say nothing and the forum remains dead? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, it would be nice if some player recognition went around, and maybe a new trend was started recognizing players abilities in their alliances? Maybe even create a new form of graphic story to tell other then the standard PnP?

On the other hand sparkz104, there could have been an entirely differnt motivation for this introduction as yet unknown by you... either way, it was fun to create something to show respect for another players efforts, hes not the most veteran player around, but he is learning at a faster rate then I reckon you or I learned this game at...

What is worth recognizing if not player effort in making their alliance better? What measurement tool do we use to judge what is worthy of praise and what isn't? What opinion do you think the player would have of receiving a tribute for their actions? Would it inspire them to greater things? What about the player that doesn't recieve any recognition for their efforts?

All this aside, why would you feel any need whatsoever to not be positive about this thread? It wasn't a slight to anyone or anything. Lighten up a bit dude.

If your feeling left out I can ask your leader to make you one ;-p

DeletedUser

That is right, but I am quoting you just so I can keep that last part for future use ;-p

DeletedUser

You prefer I say nothing and the forum remains dead? Or do you think maybe, just maybe, it would be nice if some player recognition went around, and maybe a new trend was started recognizing players abilities in their alliances? Maybe even create a new form of graphic story to tell other then the standard PnP?

On the other hand sparkz104, there could have been an entirely differnt motivation for this introduction as yet unknown by you... either way, it was fun to create something to show respect for another players efforts, hes not the most veteran player around, but he is learning at a faster rate then I reckon you or I learned this game at...

What is worth recognizing if not player effort in making their alliance better? What measurement tool do we use to judge what is worthy of praise and what isn't? What opinion do you think the player would have of receiving a tribute for their actions? Would it inspire them to greater things? What about the player that doesn't recieve any recognition for their efforts?

All this aside, why would you feel any need whatsoever to not be positive about this thread? It wasn't a slight to anyone or anything. Lighten up a bit dude.

If your feeling left out I can ask your leader to make you one ;-p

"Ahhhhh Serpentine Medea and Grepo Hugs.

I was on the Serpentine Medea council, i was against moving into you guys I ended up quitting grepolis for RL reasons. A few days after i quit i found out that they merged! And now i am back in Xi kick some butt (Including yours!!!!) "

...and the last is a quote from Rainmaker himself.
it seems that he considers himself veteran enough, he was a leader according to him, so....

DeletedUser

"Ahhhhh Serpentine Medea and Grepo Hugs.

I was on the Serpentine Medea council, i was against moving into you guys I ended up quitting grepolis for RL reasons. A few days after i quit i found out that they merged! And now i am back in Xi kick some butt (Including yours!!!!) "

...and the last is a quote from Rainmaker himself.
it seems that he considers himself veteran enough, he was a leader according to him, so....

sooo...so what? whats your point? he was a council member on an alliance on some other server (that doesn't neccessarily mean leader btw) and it sure as hell doesn't mean he's not a noob, or by that rationale anyone that starts an alliance is now a veteran...which I never said he was or wasn't,...i said he wasn't the most verteran player...implying he still has lots to learn, which is true...so again, whats the point of your post other then to demonstrate you don't know how to use the quote function? (Edit for clarity: properly) ;-p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

cheap shot STATLER, even someone like you can do better.
you won't hear me suggesting that you learn to use spell checker ;)
anyhow...
the point i tried to make was that you can't call him inexperienced, dunno how you measure " most veteran player", etc.
also running any op with "more veteran players" ( and i'm sure that you have quite a few who participated) is always easier than running it with total beginners.
personally i consider someone who says that he's here to kick *** as experienced, but hey, opinions differ, just keep your bloody panties on mate, you'll blow a gasket one day :D

DeletedUser

...the point i tried to make was that you can't call him inexperienced, dunno how you measure " most veteran player", etc.
also running any op with "more veteran players" ( and i'm sure that you have quite a few who participated) is always easier than running it with total beginners.
personally i consider someone who says that he's here to kick *** as experienced, ...

You made a post, quoting a player with something he said, and ended your post with 'so...' as if whatever you were trying to imply should be obvious...it wasn't.

I didn't call him 'inexperienced', noone did, so you failed to make your point.

You were here to kick *** weren't you? Or did you join just to put on a bunny suit?

Your reason for posting is elusive, your points, vague and redundant. Jealousy is the only thing I can think of that would make you want to try to rob him of his praise, and that bitterness is a far cheaper shot then calling you out on the quote function.

PS. > I'm a 'nevernude', so my panties will stay just the way they are ;-p

DeletedUser

ok, STATLER, i won't mention panties anymore, had some weird pictures flashing through my mind, wasn't pleasant :D

now to answer some of your points:
1) this is not a Nemesis forum: i do enjoy reading achievements of others, but something that relates to the Grepo community, not to one single alliance.
he did great, i don't doubt that, but i still stand by what i said, his job was made easy by having "more veteran" players helping him.
if every time someone organizes a successful raid will be posted here than you might as well use half of this site just for that. MC and Jennesis ran picture perfect operations against me, honestly, even if i was on the receiving end i still appreciated the work that went into those, so there is another two that you can post.
2) i joined Xi because i was invited and i'm KW because i have friends there.
can't say that i'm having fun, but for the same reason that i won't leave Delta ( only log on once every couple of days) i don't quit here (yet) as maybe somehow i can help others.
i do enjoy the bunny costume, wore worse ones in RL, but we all play for different reasons, mine might be not the same as yours ( half the time i don't know why i'm still playing if that makes you happy).
3) jealousy: that made me laugh; i never wanted on Grepo to organize anything, always refused to be in any leadership position, so i have no reason to be jealous of Rainmaker ( or anyone else).
for you might be a huge achievement that you have 20 cities in a make believe world, maybe even dance when you take another city, but for me sadly makes no difference, maybe that's why i will never be a good player.

so that's that: i'm sure Rainmaker did a great job, in one of his posts he sounded like someone who's brimming with confidence and know how, while you painted a picture of someone who did something never heard before.
that's what i called you out on, nothing else, so don't blow a gasket over this

DeletedUser

i really don't see a problem at all here... recognising that somebody has done a good job with something is as valid a reason to post as pointing and laughing at somebnody for failing, and nobody complains about those :p

the way i see it, anything that makes the forums a more active place is doing something good. plus it looks like statler put some effort into it, and effort should ALWAYS be rewarded in these forums imo.

DeletedUser

have no issue with statler's job, i've never seen a half hearted effort from him, i might disagree with the post itself, but, honestly, each and every one was well done and very entertaining.
also i agree, anyone achieving something should be mentioned, only questioned the value of this praise, that's all.
not because jealousy, as i said, i wouldn't be interested running anything myself, so if someone does it good on him/her.
i was on the receiving end of Nemesis's attacks, dunno who organized those, but they were text book, landings were 1-2 secs apart, i meant it when i said that actually enjoyed looking at them lined up like that ( ok, i'm a weirdo) :D
however...
Rainmaker is a newbie and than how about posting something every time a newbie does something good or he's not really a newbie and in that case post every time anyone runs an op that's successful.
anyhow...
everyone sees it different, i think that i went a bit ( or more than a bit) overboard with this, i apologize for that

DeletedUser

Everyone needs to stop complaining about this. It was simply posted to make the forums funner to read, recognize a player's effort, and show a funny mistake all at once.

The complainers are all just jealous that they didn't get a tribute.

Congrats Raintown and STATLER, very good post!

DeletedUser

i was on the receiving end of Nemesis's attacks, dunno who organized those, but they were text book, landings were 1-2 secs apart, i meant it when i said that actually enjoyed looking at them lined up like that

Rainmaker is a newbie and than how about posting something every time a newbie does something good or he's not really a newbie and in that case post every time anyone runs an op that's successful.
anyhow...
everyone sees it different, i think that i went a bit ( or more than a bit) overboard with this, i apologize for that

The ops for Nemesis were only done by one person before this particular op, so it was nice to see Raintown stepping up, and taking what he had learned from previous ops here and im sure elsewhere, and putting it together with only a little guidance.

I may very well do one of these every time a newer player does a successful major op, that was the intention, (build morale and to recognize peoples efforts in making Nemesis successful) It has to start somewhere. I think it would be cool if players somehow had character back stories to them, and Alex had mentioned he liked the idea of the Phoenix King, before he knew I was making this, in fact he didn't know I was making this till after it was posted. We felt we needed to thank him for his efforts, this is what we came up with.

It also happened to coincide with a decision to give Raintown greater responsibility in the leadership of Nemesis while others take a break from it. It served to let the Xi server know who he was, even if you do continue to call him Rainmaker ;-p

DeletedUser

oops, sorry for calling him by another name, wasn't intentional :eek:
thanks for pointing it out, n00b that i am would've never picked it up by myself :(
to Raintown: please accept apologies!

DeletedUser

oops, sorry for calling him by another name, wasn't intentional :eek:
thanks for pointing it out, n00b that i am would've never picked it up by myself :(
to Raintown: please accept apologies!

Haha, yeah my name is actually Raintown :eek: The Phoenix King :p

Rainmaker was kinda odd... idk.

I am not a noob, but i am not that experienced in this game. As Statler said, I am learning very fast

DeletedUser

Yeah they don't support each other when they are on the same island I highly doubt it made your task any easier troop wise, I ment more morale wise coz it's like one bully taking your pocket money and the other taking your lunch :D

Ha! Fair enough. So, we're all in agreement that The Olympians/Antithesis or whatever the Fahrvergnügen they want to call themselves were like sickly dogs.

To quote one of Iota's finest:

Sickly dog....do you know what to do with a sickly dog?

You put it down

And...I wouldn't worry too much about their morale. Insofar as I understand it they are on a vent to I can haz swords it up in Sigma.

So really...we were doing them a favor. Nemesis...the alliance with a <3.

----------------------------------------
i was on the receiving end of Nemesis's attacks, dunno who organized those, but they were text book, landings were 1-2 secs apart, i meant it when i said that actually enjoyed looking at them lined up like that ( ok, i'm a weirdo) :D

Thanks for the props et. al., but I don't need a tribute :)

Personally, I think this was a nice change from all the bashing we do on the forums. Hopefully we'll see more of this...in addition to poking fun at each other ;)