The Unit

DeletedUser

How can we forget about stats? It is all we have to prove the points we try to make on this forum. Though let us look at the stats of the current war.....

ABP
On the 07/07/2011 Alpha had 513,594 ABP now they have 968,338 a gain of 454,744 in ABP.
On the 07/07/2011 TU had 1,159,407 ABP now they have 1,733,250 a gain of 573,843 in ABP.

DBP
On the 07/07/2011 Alpha had 659,401 DBP now they have 1,516,993 a gain of 857,592 in DBP.
On the 07/07/2011 TU had 536,342 in DBP now they have 862,073 a gain of 325,731 in DBP.

Conquest
Alpha total conquest since the 07/07/2011 176, cities conquered from TU 16.
TU total conquest since the 07/07/2011 160, cities conquered from Alpha 42.

This clearly shows who is on the attack here and who is not, while TU has gained a lot of ABP from Alpha while taken a large amount of cities from them. Alpha have actually had more conquest (which would drive up their ABP) but not many of them are from TU. Its very simple you can't lose loads of cities to an enemy and stay alive by mergers and internal conquest and still claim to be winning or even doing well in the war.

MasterOfGrepolis said:
But TU had a lot of cities in Alpha territory before this war happened, and look at how many cities they have now.

How can you claim this when you have only taken 16 cities? I think you will find most of the cities that were behind your lines belonged to the cowards in rulers and you got them through merger not conquest.

I am not sure if you and your alliance are making these things up to raise the moral of your troops, or to try and fool the rest of the world. Perhaps you yourself would like to believe this war is going well to keep yourself interested, honestly I'm not sure who you are trying to fool but facts are facts and as always my post can be checked out on grepostats. Where can we find all these TU cities you have conquered behind your lines? They don't seem to show up on stats, it is still just the 16 cities no matter how many times I look.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hello all. I have ultimate respect for the leaders in Alpha. But I also cannot deny the tremendous skill shown by our adversaries in The Unit and Maelstrom. Alpha has not taken as many cities as The Unit has but we have defended many of our cities with great honor and skill. I recognize the great players that oppose Alpha and I have nothing but respect for them as well.

I was definitely new to this game when I joined Alpha Academy. Through mentoring and sound advice, I grew my skills and learned how to play somewhat effectively. My pride grew for my alliance more and more each day. One of the main things I learned from Alpha was to treat everyone with respect, both allies and enemies.

This was my first war. The first time I was attacked, I did not know what to do. I was told to be calm and was educated on what to do by our leadership and fellow alliance mates. With a level head and excellent tips, I successfully defended my city. I have done it again and again since then, each time with a little more skill and a little less assistance. The time will come when I might lose a city, but with the mental toughness ingrained in me by Alpha's leadership, I will be prepared to take the correct retalliatory actions.

Alpha has not yet shown its true aggression. We have people who crunch numbers as well and follow stats closely. We know what we are doing too. You, Murtius, have before praised Black Sea on their tremendous capabilities to defend and to hang in there when the situation seemed bleak. Why do you insist on calling our alliance weak for doing the same? I can tell you that from the attacks, I am becoming a better player. Not only am I learning how to effectively and efficiently defend, but I am also noting how some of your better players attack. Trust me brother, all of these details are not going unnoticed. BP is BP. It all goes to allowing for more cities to be taken whether its offensive BP or defensive BP.

War is never just about biggest baddest weapons always winning. Its about courage and cunning, diplomacy and morale, foresight and intelligence. Our mergers may not seem like a big deal to some but to me it is. Yes we are #1 in points now but thats not the important part in my opinion. We have gained incredibly skilled players who have immediately impacted our abilities to wage this war. Our all around abilities and skills are formidable for any alliance and that is not me trying to brag. Through our humility and loyalty others have joined to fight at our side and I thank each and every one of them with all that I am.

What truly bothers me is the slandering you post about Alpha. You criticize our leaders when you should be respecting them, they do a fantastic job, ask anyone in the alliance who are the only ones who could ever truly know. You call us girlies when I can tell you for a fact that we are not, I was born a man and will die one without question. You say we are sim city builders who don't attack and I can tell you that we are not, my cities are built for specific purposes and they will be used to their fullest capacity when the time is right.

In my opinion a bully is someone who tries to take down another through words that usually aren't true. That is what you try to do. But I've dealt with bullies before and I've never backed down. I won't be backing down here either. My allies are strong and we will prove it in our own way. We are loyal to our friends and allies and we are open and reasonable to everyone. If you want to post stats, by all means do it. Just don't stop if things begin to change and you find your alliance on the defensive.

I think that this game is fantastic. I am enjoying the hell out of playing it. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out but here are a few thoughts that I will end this ridiculously long rambling with. Alpha is fighting hard and will not lie down for anyone. We do not fear words. We are humble and intelligent men and women who are giving you a fight that you may not have expected. And regardless of the outcome, we will remain respectful and loyal to each other and those who show respect back to us. I wish you good luck, in this war, in this game and in real life.

DeletedUser

Snide remarks aren't always the best way to show your maturity:cool:

DeletedUser

Ok well tht is a mouth full lol. But look alpha isn't putting up much fight they might conquer some inactives but they have only conquered one really active persons city. I'm glad tht u have improved but it's not enough I've seen ur forums and they are a wreck. All of ur strong players cities were conquered through inactives not ur enemies cities. All ur claims are for ppl in small alliances tht can't get any support. I barely saw any claims for TU cities

DeletedUser

And you might be right. We have strategically conquered cities that overall will improve our ability to wage this war, either from inactives, small alliances or others. I assume your alliance also strategically conquers. I doubt it would be wise to conquer a city in the middle of enemy territory, which is what would have to happen if we went going for TU cities. I do not need any guidance to see that TU favors clusters of cities that are difficult to attack. But once all pieces are in place, the dynamics of the war will be very different. The point is though that if you take the stats posted earlier, Alpha's net BP (offensive and defensive) is higher than The Unit's. That to me translates into Alpha being able to have more cities.

I'd like to have a look at your Forums to see how much better organized it is. If it works for us thats all that really matters though.

Btw, I was always accused in school of being to verbose, but I simply don't see it :p

DeletedUser

@ Eviciouz, Wow, that was truly amazing and by far the most honest and intelligent post I have ever read from anybody in your alliance. Plus rep for you my friend. Alpha should make you their diplomat, if they did they might not find themselves in as much trouble. I admire your loyalty to your alliance and leadership, however I am afraid you have got me wrong on some counts.

As I have explained many times before, I consider your leadership to be weak because they asked for our help and then double crossed us. After they double crossed us Spiller and Hamwise began a slander campaign against me. They would send messages to members of my council telling them that I couldn't be trusted and they tried to turn my own alliance against me.

Sadly for them my men did trust me and every time a member of TU got a message like this they would forward it to me. Then I would send it back to spiller and hamwise to show them their dirty tricks weren't going to work and to ask them why they would tell these lies. Not once did either of them answer my messages. At least when I say something I have the bottle to say it in public, talking behind peoples back is what school "GIRLS" do.

Eviciouz said:
War is never just about biggest baddest weapons always winning. Its about courage and cunning, diplomacy and morale, foresight and intelligence.

I would agree with that but I also truly believe we have all that, we use every means at our disposal in our war against Alpha. However the point I am trying to make in regards of the war is when we conquer your cities you conquer cities further away from us. I am not sure about you but I have never heard of a war been won by using retreating as the main tactic.

Given the fact you have said you are still fairly new to this game I wont go too hard on you for trying to compare your alliance turtling cities to the unique defensive capabilities which BS have. Though trust me when I tell you, BS are a defensive machine who use a tactic I have never seen before. It is a far cry from your alliances well stacked but breakable defence tactic.

Again as you are new, let me explain something about these forums. They are the political part of the game but they are still part of the game. As in real life when their is conflicts both sides will attack the other verbally and accuse the other of this and that. I think most players enjoy the debates and understand it is all part of the game.

Your alliance however seems to take it as a personal attack, I can assure you the mods here in grepolis are the best there is. If there was anything they deemed to be a personal insult or attack, or if they thought a post could offend anybody it would be removed. That goes for post which could be seen as bullying too, when I post stats on here it is only to prove the point I am trying to make to which your members are objecting to.

Lastly you also got me wrong about the mergers, I am not say they can't or wont make you stronger. All I am saying is it doesn't mean you are suddenly the greatest alliance in this world. Just because you have gotten more players and more points doesn't mean you now deserve the respect due to alliances such as BS and D3TH who have earn their reputation as 2 of the best alliances in Omicron.

DeletedUser

I feel like I killed this thread... so back to the topic then. TU sux, they all have pink daisies on their LS and their slingers, hoplites and horsemen were always picked last for the kickball team. Alpha rulz :p

DeletedUser18993

Don't underestimate the pink daisies--they are our secret weapon ;) --Strike fear in the hearts of our enemies!

DeletedUser

there smell is quite attracting: only until you eat a petal, then you will be poisoned!

DeletedUser

So how does it feel to be getting your *** kick by a bunch of kickball players who have pink daisies stuck to their ls?

TU 56
Alpha/ Alpha academy 16.

DeletedUser16190

The unit is filled with a bunch of players tht just bullies. When someone does something they dont like they declare war on them. This was the case with dogs of war and now alpha. Alpha is the better alliance by far. They are going to win this war and it will be a blow out. TU might have taken a few cities but it is nothing compared to wat alpha can do. The unit is scared of alpha

Murti, i am curious about your next trick :D

DeletedUser

Yes well Aksak with all them mergers you guys have had lately we didn't need to get rush inside Alpha so we thought it would be pretty pointless making him suffer ;)

DeletedUser

Thanks murty lol. Anyway we don't really need another spy in there. We don't even need a spy for alpha. We are killin them anyway

DeletedUser

Lord is right but Alpha is not a allaince not going down without a fight though.