Discussion Weekly Discussion: Which god do you select for your first city?

DeletedUser

This is the first topic for our weekly gameplay discussions. Every week there will be a new topic to be discussed. Please respect the opinions of other players and Read this Before Posting.

This weeks discussion is Which god do you select for your first city and why?

DeletedUser27700

Ah, Interesting topic.

I usually choose Hera for my first god, simply because of a cheap way to get more resources, and for pop growth as BP (Beginners Protection) comes to an end. Hera also has relatively cheap myth units.

I have not experimented with this since the new tutorial came out however. I imagine the favor gifts would be well spent on other gods as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Hera for the resources. Later i change to poseidon if i need wood for Biremes/LS

DeletedUser

I also went Hera for my last world... Not just for the resources, but her myth units are not too expensive. :)

Though, Hades is also good on that front.

Really, you want any of Hera, Poseidon, Hades or Artemis. The resources that this lot give you are very useful early on.

However, both Zeus and Athena are good for units i suppose, though with the 50 favour you spend on a chariot, you could get 1600 wood with poseidon. Which is more useful?

DeletedUser

Always Zeus for me first up, by the time BP is up i have around 40 charriots as well as any other troops i build along the way i use those chars to raid the neibours for resourses,then i either change to hades or posiden,depending on what i need more Silver or wood.

DeletedUser27793

I divide this into three parts
1.When i started lindos i was getting a lot of favour(as gifts) so i decided(i got nearly 700 favour as giftS) so i took zeus as my first god and got some some chariots.
2.Then changed to hera (at 5 favour per hour).U also get 3 happiness as gifts in between so using zues for chariots will be the best choice.
3.After i reach around academy levdl 14 il shift to posiden to get some wood so that i can build brs and ls.I think this is it

Last edited:

DeletedUser23986

I start with zeus, use the tutorial, take chariots, and switch to poseidon for sea storms and wood.(for harbour)

DeletedUser

so what do u think tanuki?
u dint post ur opinion!

I forgot that I never posted my opinion. I normally go for Hera so I can use wedding to get more resources. With the new tutorial giving you resources Zeus is my new favorite to get chariots early on.

DeletedUser20429

I usually go for Hera at the start. Then once I get a second city I'll go for Hades because of cerberus. It's unbelievably strong against slinger nukes :D 990 slingers against 14 cerberus = A LOT OF BP FOR ME :p

DeletedUser

Hera.

She supplies good resources from her spells making it easier to expand.

DeletedUser

I usually go for Hera at the start. Then once I get a second city I'll go for Hades because of cerberus. It's unbelievably strong against slinger nukes :D 990 slingers against 14 cerberus = A LOT OF BP FOR ME :p

Bad thing about them is its about 15 hops - 1 cerberus, so if they were smart they'd spy, find out, use hops even though hops are pricey. Probably don't have to worry though cause I don't see that many :)

DeletedUser20429

Mate that's why you use Archers :D 14 cerberus and 200 archers will definitely make a good defence combo :D

DeletedUser11886

Were going off topic from gods ;)

Anyways, I've been experimenting with Hera and Athena. If you want to capture many farming villages in your first day, Athena is worth it and can really help on the long run in the beginning. Hera allows you to get many many resources in the beginning as well though, but building the units takes time when you want to capture villages.

DeletedUser

Ive always been a Hera fan to start mainly resource wise and PG, love harpies for early easy revolts.
With the new tutorials tho it makes sense to use Zues to get the chariots, to get farms then get farming the locals which hopefully will net more resources then Hera spells.

On HW worlds I love Artemis, cheap stone to help pump out slingers along with a 15% spell bonus for early farming attacks, plus cheapest unit to get island farms.

DeletedUser30490

Hera for me......she helps with resources which you really would need when you start-off in a world.

DeletedUser2524

I always go Poseidon, as he has the best ratio of resources to favor with his kingly gift power.

DeletedUser25607

I always go for Poseidon too. 800 resources (wood) for only 25 favor - is the best resource-deal among all gods.

Moreover with new game-play, where Market will be built in first hours of game even in speed-1 world - and after that it's possible trade wood with farming villages at very good rate + with other players.

I could consider Hera as 1st god, to build troops faster (and thus taking farming villages earlier) - but too little resources for it in the beginning....

DeletedUser25607

Well, you can turtle yourself good with cerbers in your city - but they are useless for your alliance because you cannot support others with them (and very unlikely many people will have Hades in their cities). Therefore, i always prefer normal (not mystical) defensive that may be sent in every city which needs support.

But offensive units may differ. In fast worlds i go for manticores in some my offensive cities.