Discussion Weekly Discussion: Which god do you select for your first city?

Thrillology

Phrourach
I use Hades for my first five or six cities because of the Cerberus (players use slingers too often) and also because of the silver, which I usually build hoplites and horsemen rather than slingers, and so I find myself short on silver often. Treasures of the underworld! :D

DeletedUser26515

Id start off with Hera. It keeps getting said but ill say it again for happiness and pop growth dont hurt. Big fan of Hades and the archer/cerebus combo for later though since that has been brought up a few times

DeletedUser

In Lindos, I started off with Hera. Then after the first day, I switched to Zeus as my Quarry, Silver Mine and Timber Camp were all at a decent level to keep my resources at a decent level and so I ccould the start getting Chariots. When BP is over, I will probably switch to Hades so I can keep my silver up for training Hops.

DeletedUser

I always use Hera cause you can quickly get resources :p Later I use Zeus, I like the style of gameplay you have with him :)

DeletedUser

Usually always start with Hera. Firstly for the +200 of each resouce for very little favor, +50% resource production and also for pop growth which are important to me early in the game.

DeletedUser31161

hera as she can help your city grow with the happiness. and then if you dont have a big barracks then she will help you. and it also stops enemy attacks

DeletedUser

I usually start off with Hades.

Since statistically speaking... that's where my city is headed... :rolleyes:

I figure why not cut out the middle man.

DeletedUser

Hope this doesn't count as bumping...

Though I start out with Hera now, mainly due to the quests :p