Inactive Topic Golden Island

DeletedUser

Proposal- To have an island bang in the centre of the map, where harbour, barracks, temple and resource fields can be built higher.

Reason- To create more of an emphasis for fighting especially across oceans fighting

Details-

Nobody starts on the island.

The island only becomes available to colonize onto after 4 months of the world.

Nobody is allowed more than one city on the island

The buildings and resource buildings can be built higher, not to much perhaps 20% better on the island. Enough so its worth fighting over!

I believe it will keep more players active on worlds as they get older as its something else to look forward to aswell as the world wonders.

DeletedUser22372

Proposal- To have an island bang in the centre of the map, where harbour, barracks, temple and resource fields can be built higher.

Reason- To create more of an emphasis for fighting especially across oceans fighting

Details-

Nobody starts on the island.

The island only becomes available to colonize onto after 4 months of the world.

Nobody is allowed more than one city on the island

The buildings and resource buildings can be built higher, not to much perhaps 20% better on the island. Enough so its worth fighting over!

I believe it will keep more players active on worlds as they get older as its something else to look forward to aswell as the world wonders.

nice idea, I like it, but please dont compare this with the world wonders (it's boring building them).

Cheers

DeletedUser5554

interesting idea but nobody really tends to found and i think it would be tough convincing them to do so for the most part.

my question is would the island have farms? or no?

DeletedUser

interesting idea but nobody really tends to found and i think it would be tough convincing them to do so for the most part.

You mean except for building wonders, among other things.

As for the idea:

Although it would be fun to build some types of buildings higher to churn out units faster, there isn't much worth in implementing in this idea. That's just my opinion.

DeletedUser

my question is would the island have farms? or no?

When you found it would have a certain number of buildings already built, I'm assuming.

I dislike the idea. It incorporates an idea that I keep trying to steer people away from... These islands/ocean forts/similar stuff... Ugh. Never.

DeletedUser

I dislike the idea. It incorporates an idea that I keep trying to steer people away from... These islands/ocean forts/similar stuff... Ugh. Never.

I am inclined to agree with Kanga here.. none of these 'special island' ideas would really seem to contribute much to the overall gameplay. I must say, I like this general idea though. If there was something about certain islands that makes them more worthwhile to fight over.. it might be interesting.

DeletedUser

"interesting idea but nobody really tends to found and i think it would be tough convincing them to do so for the most part.

my question is would the island have farms? or no?"

Farms- Yes
On Colonization- I think a lot of people look to do it for the hero tactician medal, in particularly newer players

DeletedUser

In response to Kanga and Corinthian, It may not be your cup of tea but i personally feel the game needs more elements to provoke war!

DeletedUser

The colonizing wouldn't even be a huge issue. All it takes is one person to colonize there, and from that point onwards conquering is a possibility. It would be interesting to see if something like this would motivate people to fight more for the city spots on that island or not..

The bonuses provided would need to be significant enough to make it worth fighting for, but not so huge that a large alliance could occupy all slots and use the bonuses to gain a huge advantage over other players..

What if the bonus was not that buildings could be built to a higher level (because a lot of people don't completely build their cities, to save population, so for those people it would not be worth fighting for), but instead a flat % bonus? Such as 20% higher resource production, or 10% faster unit production in the barracks/harbour?

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but I would change the 'having only one island like this' part. Maybe keep it as a 10:1 ratio and lessen the levels that can be built like 10% So

Max level of:
Senate- 28
Timber- 44
Farm- 44
Quarry- 44
Warehouse- 33
Silver- 44
Barracks- 33
Wall- 28 (rounded)
Cave- 11
Harbor- 33
Academy- 33 (no extra researches- only research points)
Temple- 27 (balance)
Market- 33

This would definitely make it a better idea in my opinion.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but I would change the 'having only one island like this' part. Maybe keep it as a 10:1 ratio and lessen the levels that can be built like 10% So

Max level of:
Senate- 28
Timber- 44
Farm- 44
Quarry- 44
Warehouse- 33
Silver- 44
Barracks- 33
Wall- 28 (rounded)
Cave- 11
Harbor- 33
Temple- 27 (balance)
Market- 33

I'm not sure increased levels for all buildings would work. It would likely be just the resource buildings and, possibly, the unit production buildings. Increasing the cap for all buildings would just require too much work, and would be kinda pointless in the end..

Increased building levels would really only provide a bonus for sim players, though. Most players who follow a more aggressive path tend to demolish unnecessary buildings for population, which often includes the resource buildings. Thus,the people who are more likely to fight over these islands wouldn't actually bother fighting for it, because the bonus provided wouldn't really help them in any way (with the exception of improved unit production).

DeletedUser

Max level of:
Senate- 28
Timber- 44
Farm- 44
Quarry- 44
Warehouse- 33
Silver- 44
Barracks- 33
Wall- 28 (rounded)
Cave- 11
Harbor- 33
Temple- 27 (balance)
Market- 33

There is no point for a level 11 cave since level 10 allows an infinite number of silver to be stored, and since building levels are rounded off to the nearest 5 or 10 as a maximum number; values should probably match those, and would likely increase the value of having a city on this island. It might be worth suggesting that the academy not be expanded either since this might take away from building a library, unless you want this special island to allow the construction of all special buildings.

DeletedUser

Ok then, based on the above inputs, I think these would be more suitable:
Senate- 25 (-3)
Timber- 45(+1)
Farm- 45(+1)
Quarry- 45(+1)
Warehouse- 30(-3)
Silver- 45(+1)
Barracks- 35(+2)
Wall- 30 (+2)
Cave- 10 (-1)
Harbor- 35 (+2)
Academy- 30 (-3)
Temple- 25 (-3)
Market- 35 (+2)

Also, in the light of these changes that I made, the rarity of these islands should be increased to 1 in every 20 normal islands with farms. They will have normal farming villages. And only half of them will have wonder island capability.

Sorry if it seems like Im tweaking this idea like it was my own, but Im really bored right now and dont have much else to do. :p

DeletedUser5554

i agree with kanga's stance. but overall its a decent idea and besides nivrap we don't need islands to do that...just put you and i in the same ocean (; hahahaha

DeletedUser

Instead of this Island being more points would it make more since to maybe have troops that are from the island have say 10-20% more attacking power for outgoing attacks this way aggressive players can fight for it?

Also expanding off of roesh de destroyerzz idea of having about 1 per 20 normal islands maybe different Islands could have different advantages such as better attacking, better defense, quicker building, quicker troops, quick favor, ect.?

DeletedUser20429

hmm I am inclined to agree with Kanga as well all these strange islands would make it a little well annoying because if your not near one and then someone attacks you from one they might be able to make units faster than you can rebuild get the Idea?

DeletedUser

Stir up your neighbor. Problem solved :p

Or annoy that big alliance in your ocean, and take them all on.

The most fun is had when you're fighting against the odds without caring what happens to your cities.

DeletedUser5554

^ thats what me and nivvy have been doing for months now :)