Inactive Topic Golden Island

DeletedUser

To stir up a war I believe my Idea on Oceanic Fronts is a suitable alternative to Golden Islands.

Golden Islands are unnatural and would completely ruin Grepolis' balance, by giving attackers a bonus in ONE part of the Ocean which is unfair to players on the edge of the Oceans.

@luke major World Wars are harder to start.

DeletedUser

I see what you mean by the people on the edge having a disadvantage. BUT personally i would like to see the big players closer to the centre as i personally hate long journeys!!!

DeletedUser

The location of these islands could be totally random, perhaps. That would then put some at an advantage and some at a disadvantage, but it would not automatically be those at the centre of an ocean who are benefiting.

DeletedUser

Yes they would be spread out randomly. I think the basic idea here is that some islands on the map are more valuable as realty than others. And people would want them more. This would lead to them bickering over them. Only we dont agree yet on what advantages they are to be.

DeletedUser

Some islands ARE more valuable then others, already. The major resource and minor resource are always a priority when I'm conquering, therefore placing hierarchy in the islands. You guys might not work that way, but still.

DeletedUser

Some islands ARE more valuable then others, already. The major resource and minor resource are always a priority when I'm conquering, therefore placing hierarchy in the islands. You guys might not work that way, but still.

The base resource bonuses of an island are only usually taken into account very early on, however. When colonising, or when all targets are of equal size, you can afford to pick location based on the island rather than the city. Later in the game, though, conquering becomes more about city size and strategic conquering (conquering a city on an island held by an enemy alliance, for example) and players can't afford to be as picky as they could be.

So while the basic 'Golden Island' idea may a bit of a flop, I think the concept itself is a good one.. to make some islands significantly more valuable than others in order to encourage competition for the city slots on that island..

DeletedUser

Golden Islands would benefit one area more than another area, which in my opinion is the biggest flaw.

And until that is addressed I can't see a bright future ahead of this idea.

DeletedUser20429

Golden Islands would benefit one area more than another area, which in my opinion is the biggest flaw.

Agreed.

Also if you want a world war get 3 of the worlds largest alliances and turn them on each other here comes WWIII lol

DeletedUser

Any large player will find themselves possessing cities across one, or indeed several, oceans. Random positioning of such islands may lead to some people missing out, but for the most part anyone would be able to benefit. At the start, it would be a case of 'who spawns near has the advantage', but as the game pans out the location becomes an entirely irrelevant factor because of how spread out large players are. Grepolis is a long-term game, and you seem to only be taking into account the early stages by saying that one area benefits more than another.

DeletedUser260

i would not think this is a good idea.

another step to mega turtles.
for surely, the person who has got this lovely village wouldn't want to lose it by any means, and the island will be a defensive stronghold.. whats the fun in that ?

gold users will rush to their usual CS's and get hold of these isles...

DeletedUser

i would not think this is a good idea.

another step to mega turtles.
for surely, the person who has got this lovely village wouldn't want to lose it by any means, and the island will be a defensive stronghold.. whats the fun in that ?

gold users will rush to their usual CS's and get hold of these isles...

Gold users will rush to anything proposed that might be unique or interesting, by that logic; meaning no ideas can be suggested to this effect.

Not that I entirely agree with what is proposed.

DeletedUser8396

no, it would give an advantage to those closer

**whoever de-repped me, you seriously have issues.

1. I voiced my opinions and what was wrong with it.
2. THAT IS BEING BENEFICIAL
3. You didnt even sign it...lmao **

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17103

what would happen about buildings such as tower or thermal baths?
:) but yeah i like it. although the point someone made earlier about colonization could be tackled by having the towns as ghost towns perhaps or NPC towns??

DeletedUser

This is the same thing as ocean forts, fortresses or island bases or whatever u want to call them these have all been put up in the ideas forum multiple times their all just the same idea just with different bonuses.

DeletedUser

Well no... obviously.

Oceanic Forts are an alliance thing, you cannot conquer cities on them.

You can research in Oceanic Forts, and you can't build units in Oceanic Forts.

These are completely different ideas, but would occupy the same space yes.

DeletedUser

right, gold users do not really have a benefit as you could get their first but you wouldn't be able to hold it if you were not a good player.

yes it does give an advantage to the cities closer but it will create more competition for those cities in the opening 4 months.

It will be probably an island full of turtles but it is morel ikely to be an island full of the best players rather than turtles

DeletedUser11965

right, gold users do not really have a benefit as you could get their first but you wouldn't be able to hold it if you were not a good player.

yes it does give an advantage to the cities closer but it will create more competition for those cities in the opening 4 months.

It will be probably an island full of turtles but it is morel ikely to be an island full of the best players rather than turtles

and when an entire alliance conquer it; gl to others trying to get a spot.

DeletedUser26524

The initial I idea is good, but I don't like some parts of the idea as a whole. How about instead of increased building levels you make it so that the islands have 10 farming villages 2 more than normal and instead of increasing production of one resource and decreasing another make it so on these islands you get increased troop production. this will make it more appealing to all players including the aggressive ones.

Also to solve the conquest vs. conquer make it so that every other city slot on these islands have 2000 point ghost towns and the others you can colonize